The Network of Excellence for Research Data Management offers a variety of downloadable information. This includes handouts, posters, advertising material and check lists regarding the management of research data.
The Best Practice Series collects examples of state of the art procedures, structures and tools which are widely applicable and easily adaptable to improve your day to day research data management.
- Minimal Peer Review - An Erfurter Open Science Initiative Code of Practice
- Early Adoption of an Electronic Laboratory Notebook at TU Ilmenau
- Organization and Versioning of Source Code
- Central Research Data Management in Collaborative Research Projects
- The Principle of separating Content and Format with LaTeX
- Documentation of Research Data as Part of Existing Courses at Universities
In our fact sheets, we briefly provide important infomration on selected RDM topics.
In this section we list contributions that we have created for various magazines or events.
- Bausteine Forschungsdatenmanagement
- Das Outreach-Konzept des TKFDM (Article, Magazine, Language: German)
- RDA 16th Plenary Meeting + International FAIR Convergence Symposium 2020
- The FAIRest DataSet Award: A competition to foster FAIR principles (Poster, Zenodo, Language: English)
Research Data Scarytales
With our Research Data Scarytales, we want to take you on an eerie journey and show you in short stories what scary consequences mistakes in data management can have. We are showcasing a wide range of scenarios, ranging from minor inconveniences to a single person to permanent consequences for humankind, all based on real events.
Each reader has the opportunity to find out for themselves what went wrong in each story. Each scenario begins with a brief summary of the facts. Then it's time to figure it out!In times of social distancing, the game can also serve as a community activity. For example, chats or forums can be used to puzzle over the stories with others. One way to do this is to designate a person as the game master to read the resolution, while the other players try to solve the mystery with yes/no questions.
We wish you spooky story-time and happy sleuthing!
- Backup is key
- Costly Birthdays
- Lost Toys
- The Sound of Silence
- Out of the blue
- Gene Dating
- Unsure Footing
- Babylonic Confusion
- The forgotten Fantasy?
- Hello? Are you there?
- Atlantic Lazarus
- Family Ties
- Wrong Direction
- No good deed goes unpunished
- Look, don't touch
- Intervention from up-high
- Bad Recycling
- Don‘t judge a book by its cover
- Unsatisfying boots
- Command line troubles
- Sharing is Caring
- Questions of Calendar
- On fire
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- Trouble down the line
- Expensive Mice
- There is always an option
- Sunken treasures
- It's the small things that matter
- Employee with an invisibility cloak
- False Alarm
- In the enemy base
- Lost in Translation
- Null Island
- In deep 'shit'
- Easy come, easy go
- Return to sender
- The end is nigh
- Too good to be true
- A cat's a cat, and that's that.
- Surveying Nirvana
- Finding a good match
- Not only set in stone
- The debt brake stands on feet of clay
- The small difference
- Clone Wars
- Promising developer personality
Flyers, Posters & Advertising Materials
Flyers regarding selected topics of research data management (german)
The provided material is based on the "Awarenessmaterial der Landesinitiative NFDI" and is freely available (CC-0) (Source).